|Minced beef||1 1⁄2 Pound|
|Onions||2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Almonds||1⁄8 Cup (2 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Tablespoon (1 Dessertspoon)|
|Salt||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
1) Oil or grease a casserole.
2) Preheat the oven to 350 ºF.
3) In a pan, heat oil and brown the meat and remove.
4) In the same pan and oil, saute onions and garlic till they are soft, for 10 minutes.
5) In a small bowl, soak bread in 2 tablespoons of milk.
6) In a cup, beat 1 egg until foamy.
7) In a bowl, mix together onions, sugar, vinegar, salt, curry powder, turmeric.
8) Put the bread, meat and almonds to the vinegar mixture the beaten egg and mix well.
9) Transfer the meat mixture into the casserole and pat to make it flat.
10) Bake the oven for 30 minutes or until the meat is cooked.
11) In a bowl, beat together remaining eggs and milk and some salt.
12) Stream the egg mixture over the meat and bake for 30 minutes more.
13) Place under grill to get custard brown colour if necessary.
14) Remove and allow to cool for 5 minutes and cut into squares.
15) Serve hot with small mixed salad or with sambal if desired.