Sour Cream Pumpkin Pie
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Canned pumpkin||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Commercial sour cream||8 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Eggs||3 , separated|
|Unbaked 9 inch pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat oven to 450° F.
2) Take a bowl and combine together sugar, salt, ground ginger, ground cinnamon, ground nutmeg and ground cloves in it. Add sour cream and pumpkin. Stir to mix well.
3) Take a small bowl and beat egg yolks in it until mixture turns lemon colored and thick.
4) Stir the beaten egg yolks into pumpkin mixture.
5) Beat the egg whites at room temperature until stiff peaks begin to form. Fold the mixture into pumpkin mixture. Mix nicely.
6) Pour mixture into pastry shell and bake for about 10 minutes at 450° F. Reduce heat to 350° F and bake for another 55 minutes or until nicely set.
7) Slice the pumpkin pie and serve with fresh cream and ice cream, if desired.