Slice of Lemon Pie
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), softened|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon||1 Medium, peeled and cut in thin slices|
|Pastry for a double crust 9 inch pie||1|
1. Roll half portion of the pastry on a floured surface.
2. Fit the pie in a pie plate of approximately 9 inches.
3. Set the pie plate aside.
4. Preheat the oven to 400°F.
5. In a mixing bowl combine flour, salt and 1 1/4 cups of sugar. Stir very well.
6. Cream the butter. Mix sugar slowly and beat the mixture.
7. Combine eggs one by one. Add water and keep beating till a smooth mixture.
8. Add lemon slices and rinds.
9. Spoon the mixture in pastry shells.
10. Roll the remaining pastry to a thickness of 1/8 inches. Place it over the filling.
11. Trim the edges for a smooth finish. Seal and flute it well.
12. Make slits so that the steam can escape easily.
13. Brush with egg white.
14. Make a mixture of cinnamon and sugar and generously sprinkle it over the pastry.
15. Bake for 35 minutes at 400°F.
16. Serve slice of lemon pie for dessert.
Calories 762 Calories from Fat 135
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 37 g56.7%
Saturated Fat 8.4 g42%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 188.8 mg62.9%
Sodium 127.3 mg5.3%
Total Carbohydrates 103 g34.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.2 g4.7%
Sugars 66.6 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 10.8% Vitamin C 21.3%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 6.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet