Potato and Onion Pie
|Peeled and sliced potatoes||2 Pound|
|Sliced onions||8 Ounce, peeled|
1) Preheat the grill.
2) In a pan, cover the potatoes and onions with cold salted water.
3) bring to a boil, then simmer over a low heat for about 5 to 7 minutes or until cooked.
4) Drain them thoroughly and allow to dry.
5) In a greased shallow pie dish, arrange layers of sliced potatoes and onions .
6) Season each layer with salt and pepper to taste.
7) Dot the pie surface evenly with butter.
8) Place the pie under a hot grill until golden brown on top.
9) Serve the Potato and Onion Pie hot.
Calories 299 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g36.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.5 mg10.2%
Sodium 116.5 mg4.9%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.7%
Dietary Fiber 6 g23.8%
Sugars 4.2 g
Protein 5 g10.7%
Vitamin A 7.2% Vitamin C 81.5%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 10.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet