Meat And Potato Pie
|Ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Medium, chopped|
|Coarsely grated potatoes||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Beef broth||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|8 inch two crust pie pastry||1|
1. Preheat oven to 425°F.
2. Roll half of the pastry on a slightly floured surface. Make rolls of 1/8 inch thickness.
3. Fit the rolls in an 8 inches pieplate and keep it aside.
4. In a large skiller mix onions and ground beef. Cook till the beef turns brown.
5. Pour away the drippings from the skillet.
6. Mix broth, salt, pepper and potatoes. Cover the mixture and simmer for 15 minutes. Check if the potatoes are tender or simmer for more time.
7. In another bowl combine water and cornstarch.
8. Add the above water and cornstarch mixture to the meat mixture.
9. Boil and cook for 1 minute.
10. Pour the mixture into pastry shells.
11. Roll the rest of the pastry. Make each roll 1/8 inch thick.
12. Place the rolls over the pie. Leave at least 1 inch hanging from the end of the dish.
13. Seal the edges. Make small slits in the top section for the steam to escape.
14. Bake at 425°F for 35 minutes till the pie is golden brown.
15. Serve meat and potato pie with chips and gravy.