Festive Cranberry Freezer Pie
|Graham cracker crumbs||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Chopped pecans||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Melted butter/Margarine||6 Tablespoon|
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Frozen juice concentrate||1 Tablespoon|
|Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|To make the cranberry glaze :|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Cranberries||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Water||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
1. In a bowl mix well combining first 4 ingredients.
2. Press mixture on bottom and sides of an ungreased 8-inch springform pan and chill.
3. In a large mixing bowl combine cranberries and 1 cup sugar and let it stand for 5 minutes.
4. Beat on low speed of an electric mixer adding egg whites, orange juice concentrate, vanilla and salt until frothy.
5. Continue to beat at high speed 5 to 8 minutes until stiff peaks form.
6. In a mixing bowl until beat whipping cream soft peaks form and fold into cranberry mixture.
7. Spoon mixture into prepared crust and freeze overnight or until firm.
To make the Cranberry Glaze :
8. In a small saucepan, stir well combining sugar and cornstarch.
9. Cook adding cranberries and-water stirring until thickened and bubbly and let it cool.
10. On a serving platter place the dessert and remove rim from spring-form pan.
11. Serve with Cranberry Glaze.
Calories 913 Calories from Fat 434
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 25.7 g128.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 131.2 mg43.7%
Sodium 151.8 mg6.3%
Total Carbohydrates 113 g37.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.9 g19.6%
Sugars 98 g
Protein 4 g7.8%
Vitamin A 12.3% Vitamin C 17.2%
Calcium 5.7% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet