Fish Pie Pastry
|Cooked haddock/Cooked cod||1 Pound (Fresh Or Smoked)|
|Button mushrooms||4 Ounce|
|Lemon||1⁄2 , juiced|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground mace||1 Pinch|
|Flaky pastry/Puff pastry||1⁄2 Pound|
|Egg||1 , beaten to glaze|
1) Cut the cooked fish into even-sized pieces.
2) In the bottom of a pie dish, arrange the fish in layers with the tomatoes and mushrooms.
3) Sprinkle parsley and lemon juice on the top.
4) In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in the flour.
5) Gradually blend in the milk, and stir over a gentle heat until the sauce thickens.
6) Season with salt and pepper and a pinch of mace.
7) Pour the sauce over the fish.
8) Let the pastry cool and freeze.
9) To serve: Take out pastry from freezer, thaw and heat it.
10) serve the fish pastry as side dish.