|Pastry for 2 crust 9 inch pie||1|
|Oysters||1 1⁄2 Pint (3 Cup)|
|Milk plus cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (As Required)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Minced parsley||1 Tablespoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Divide the pastry dough in 2 portions and roll each portion to 1/8 inch thickness.
3) Cut top, bottom and 4 pastry strips for sides to fit into a 8X 8 inch baking dish.
4) Transfer the pastry to a baking sheet and prick all over with a fork.
5) Bake in the preheated oven for 8 to 10 minutes, until lightly browned.
6) Drain the oysters and reserve the liquor.
7) Level up the liquor with enough milk and some cream to make 3 1/2 cups liquid.
8) In a saucepan, melt the butter and stir in flour.
9) Gradually stir in the liquid, boil for 2 to 3 minutes, stirring constantly.
10) Stir in the parsley, salt, pepper and oysters.
11) Heat the mixture again just to the boiling point.
12) Assemble the baked crust in bottom and sides on a platter.
13) Spoon in the hot oyster filling just before serving and cover with the crust top.
14) Garnish the Oyster Pie with gay splashes of paprika and serve immediately.