Classic Shepherds Pie
|Frozen carrots||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Frozen green beans||10 Ounce (1 Package)|
|Salad oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Cooked cubed lamb||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Mushroom soup||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Fresh mushrooms||8 , sliced|
|Onion||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Potatoes||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), hot mashed|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
1. Precook frozen vegetables.
2. In hot browning dish or conventional range heat salad oil, dredge lamb in flour and sear in hot dish.
3. In 2 qt. Glass casserole, combine lamb, soup, mushrooms, onions, carrots and green beans.
4. Add salt and pepper to taste and blend evenly.
5. Around edge of dish mound mashed potatoes in a ring.
6. Microwave (high), covered, 4-5 minutes.
7. Pour butter over potatoes.
8. Microwave (high) 4-6 minutes, uncovered, rotating 1/4 turn halfway through cooking.
9. Let it rest, covered for about 5 minutes and serve with garnish right as desired.
Calories 444 Calories from Fat 233
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g40.7%
Saturated Fat 10.1 g50.3%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 519.1 mg21.6%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g14.9%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.5%
Sugars 9.3 g
Protein 10 g20.6%
Vitamin A 208.9% Vitamin C 35%
Calcium 5.2% Iron 12.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet