Baked in 1/2-pint Mason jars, these adorable little pies are brimming with blackberries, blueberries and peaches! Vickie & Jo Ann share their easy-to-make crust tips for these delicious picnic favorites, plus a fun crafty tip for serving them in style!
4 Cup (64 tbs), pitted, peeled and sliced (or berries of your choice)
1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)
1 Cup (16 tbs)
160 Gram, divided
All pupose flour
1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)
2 Tablespoon, diced
2 Medium (9" each)
1. Preheat the oven to 425 F.
2. In a large bowl, place fruits and mix gently.
3. In a small bowl, blend 3/4 cup sugar and flour.
4. Put the flour mixture in fruit bow and toss lightly.
5. In six to eight, 8" individual ramekins, evenly put the fruit mixture and dot with butter.
6. On a floured surface, gently roll out dough and cut 6 to 8 circles one inch larger than ramekins.
7. Arrange one crust over each ramekin.
8. Trim excess crust and crimp edges; cut slits in crust.
9. Dredge the pies with cinnamon-sugar and cover the edges of crust with strips of aluminium foil to prevent over browning.
10. Bake in oven for 40 to 45 minutes or until golden on top.
11. Serve with ice cream or dollop of whipped cream as desired.
If you are going to transport the pies, bake the crust separately, and while serving place the pie on the top.
Place the ramekins on the a baking tray, to avoid dripping of juices in the bottom of the oven.