Winter Warmers | Chicken, Bacon & Potato Pie | Schwartz Cooking Club
|Bacon||125 Gram, chopped (Unsmoked)|
|Boneless skinless chicken breasts||450 Gram, sliced|
|Pie spice||33 Gram (One sachet chicken, bacon and potato pie mix used)|
|Potatoes||325 Gram, peeled, sliced thinly|
|Cheddar cheese||50 Gram, shredded (As needed)|
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon in a pan for 5 minutes, or until it begins to crisp.
3. Add the chicken and fry until browned.
4. Add the leeks and fry for a further 5 minutes until softened.
5. In a bowl, blend the chicken, bacon and potato pie mix packet contents with the milk until dissolved.
6. Stir the creamy mixture into the pan.
7. After a couple of minutes, transfer the contents of the pan into a pie dish. Top it with slices of potato as shown in the video.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
9. After 35 minutes, take the dish out of the oven, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and pop it back into the oven and bake for about 5 - 10 minutes until golden and the pie is bubbling.
10. Serve warm with steamed green beans and broccoli or any of your favorite green vegetables.
You may also add sweet corn and mushrooms for added flavor.
Calories 396 Calories from Fat 122
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g34.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 96.6 mg32.2%
Sodium 363 mg15.1%
Total Carbohydrates 32 g10.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.8 g15.2%
Sugars 8.3 g
Protein 37 g74.6%
Vitamin A 20.1% Vitamin C 40.9%
Calcium 30.7% Iron 22.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet