This month our video demonstrates that there's nothing better than a warm pie on a cold winter's night. And it's so quick to make thanks to Schwartz recipe mix.
Best try our Chicken, Bacon & Potato Pie mix soon though, because it's a limited edition.
125 Gram, chopped (Unsmoked)
Boneless skinless chicken breasts
450 Gram, sliced
33 Gram (One sachet chicken, bacon and potato pie mix used)
325 Gram, peeled, sliced thinly
50 Gram, shredded (As needed)
1. Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F / Gas Mark 6.
2. Heat a frying pan and fry the bacon in a pan for 5 minutes, or until it begins to crisp.
3. Add the chicken and fry until browned.
4. Add the leeks and fry for a further 5 minutes until softened.
5. In a bowl, blend the chicken, bacon and potato pie mix packet contents with the milk until dissolved.
6. Stir the creamy mixture into the pan.
7. After a couple of minutes, transfer the contents of the pan into a pie dish. Top it with slices of potato as shown in the video.
8. Bake in the preheated oven for about 35 minutes.
9. After 35 minutes, take the dish out of the oven, sprinkle some shredded cheese on top and pop it back into the oven and bake for about 5 - 10 minutes until golden and the pie is bubbling.
10. Serve warm with steamed green beans and broccoli or any of your favorite green vegetables.
You may also add sweet corn and mushrooms for added flavor.
This recipe is a take on the classic chicken pie flavored with bacon and topped with potatoes and cheese and baked to a golden bubbly best. Now who does not love that? It is comfort food redefined that can bring together friends and family and hail in the good times.