Quick Apple Pie
|Tart cooking apples||6|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Prepared pie crust mix||4 Ounce (1/2 Package)|
|Sugar||2 Tablespoon (Or As Required)|
1) Preheat oven to 350° and prepare a 9" pie pan.
2) Pare the apples and core the inside. Cut into dices or slices, as desired. It should measure about 5 cups.
3) In a bowl, combine sugar, cinnamon and salt.
4) Sprinkle this mixture over the apples to toss lightly.
5) Place the sugar-coated apples in the pie pan.
6) Pour in water and dot with butter.
7) Spread the pie crust mix over the apple tops or cut thin slices out of the chilled stick of mix to cover the apples.
8) Sprinkle sugar on top.
9) Place inside oven to bake for 45 minutes or until apples are tender.
10) Serve warm or at room temperature with or without toppings like whipped cream or ice cream.
Calories 373 Calories from Fat 85
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g14.6%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 10.8 mg3.6%
Sodium 130.2 mg5.4%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.5%
Dietary Fiber 3 g11.9%
Sugars 53.1 g
Protein 0.72 g1.4%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 351.5%
Calcium 10.3% Iron 1.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet