Crab And Leek Pie
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (180 Grams)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs), shredded|
|Leeks||2 (Tender Ones)|
|Canned crabmeat||5 1⁄2 Ounce, well drained (1 Can / 170 Grams)|
|Milk||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dry mustard||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Lemon rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Split the leeks lengthwise, rinse thoroughly, chop the tender stalks and discard the tough green leaves.
3) Roll the pastry, line a 8 or 9 inch tart plate and brush with a little unbeaten egg white.
4) Then prick the pastry all over the bottom and sprinkle with 1/2 the cheese.
5) In a skillet, saute the leeks in butter until soft.
6) Add the crabmeat, mix lightly but thoroughly.
7) Spread the crabmeat mixture over the cheese in the pastry shell.
8) In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then combine with the milk, cream, mustard, lemon rind and juice and nutmeg.
9) Spoon over the crab mixture then sprinkle with rest of the cheese.
10) Bake the pie in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
11) Then lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for another 30 to 40 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
12) Slice into wedges and serve the Crab and Leek Pie immediately.