Deep Chicken Pie
|Parsley||1 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Mixed herbs||1 Pinch|
|Shortcrust pastry||12 Ounce|
|Corn flour||1 Tablespoon, mixed with 2 tablespoons of water|
1) wash the chicken and pat it dry.
2) Boil it for about 3 hours until tender.
3) Finely chop the bacon
4) Remove flesh from the chicken bones and keep the chicken stock aside.
5) In a foil pie-dish, place the chicken flesh in layers, alternating with finely chopped bacon and parsley and a sprinkling of mixed herbs.
6) Make a gravy with the reserved chicken stock by cooking it with corn flour mixture to thicken.
7) Season lightly and cover with a gravy made from the chicken stock.
8) Let the pie cool and cover with pastry.
9) Bake at 450°F, 230°C, Gas Mark 8, for 45 minutes.
10) Let the pie cool completely.
11) Pack by putting foil dish into polythene bag.
12) Reheat the pie, cut into pieces and serve.