Tomato Cheese Pie
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Grams)|
|Firm tomato||1 Medium, sliced into 8 wedges|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), finely chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, grated (125 Grams)|
|Bacon slices||6 , crisped and crumbled|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Roll the pastry thinly, line a 8 inch tart plate and flute the edges.
3) Arrange the tomato wedges at the bottom of the pastry shell.
4) In a bowl, beat the eggs, milk, salt, pepper and parsley together.
5) Then combine with the grated cheese and crumbled bacon.
6) Spoon the mixture over the tomato wedges.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
8) Lower the oven temperature to 325°F and bake for another 30 to 35 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
9) Remove from the oven and allow to stand for 10 minutes.
10) Slice into wedges and serve the Tomato Cheese Pie immediately.