Asparagus And Chicken Pie
|Shortcrust pastry||6 Ounce (185 Grams)|
|Asparagus spears||3⁄4 Can (7.5 oz), drained (Small Can)|
|Chicken||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs), diced and cooked|
|Bacon slices||3 , fried and crumbled|
|Cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
|Parmesan cheese||1 Tablespoon|
|Plain flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 400°F.
2) Roll the pastry and line a 9 inch tart plate with the pastry.
3) In a bowl, combine the chopped chicken, bacon and cheese together.
4) Spread the mixture evenly at the bottom of the pastry shell.
5) In a bowl, beat the eggs lightly, then combine with the flour, milk, salt, nutmeg and cayenne.
6) Spoon the custard evenly over the chicken mixture in the pastry shell.
7) Arrange the sparagus spears on top in a spoke fashion.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 minutes.
9) Then lower the oven temperature to 350° F and bake for another 40 to 45 minutes or until the custard is set and lightly browned.
10) Slice into wedges and serve the Asparagus and Chicken Pie hot.