Quick and Easy Lemon Pie
|Fresh lemon juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated lemon rind||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweetened condensed milk||15 Ounce|
|Eggs||2 , separated|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Baked 8 inch pastry shell||1|
1. Pre-heat oven at 350° C.
2. In a bowl, take lemon juice and rind and mix it well.
3. Add condensed milk and blend it well.
4. In another bowl, take egg yolks and beat it mildly. Add it to the above mixture.
5. In 8" baked pastry shell, pour the above liquid.
6. In another bowl, beat egg white until they are fluffy.
7. Add cream of tartar to it. Mix it well.
8. Add sugar, little by little, beating it well constantly. Continue beating it until stiff peaks form.
9. Pile lightly a pie filling of your choice.
10. Bake it in a moderate oven at 350° for about 10 minutes.
11. Serve Quick and Easy Lemon Pie with whipped cream.
Calories 666 Calories from Fat 118
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.8%
Saturated Fat 18.7 g93.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 141.9 mg47.3%
Sodium 291.8 mg12.2%
Total Carbohydrates 100 g33.4%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.1%
Sugars 90 g
Protein 14 g27.4%
Vitamin A 8.2% Vitamin C 30.7%
Calcium 31.9% Iron 7.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet