Primavera Cherry Pie
|Sugar||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (depending of the sweetness of cherries used)|
|Flour||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Cherries||8 Cup (128 tbs), pitted (Primavera Bring, Royal Ann or Tartarian)|
|9 inch pie crust pastry||1 , chilled|
|Almond extract||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) In a large bowl, mix in sugar and flour. Add in the cherries and mix again.
3) Take a pie pan and line it with pastry dough.
5) Add the cherry mix into the pan. Sprinkle almond extract on top and add a little butter on top.
6) Dab cold water on the outer edges of the pastry dough. Layer the pie with a top crust. Crimp the edges and make soe slits to allow the steam to escape. Sprinkle the pie with sugar on top.
7) To avoid the crust from browning too much during baking, cover with foil.
8) Bake the pie for 35 to 45 minutes. When 15 minutes of baking is left, take the foil off. Bake till the crust turns brown and the juice starts to bubble.
9) Serve the Primavera Cherry Pie at lukewarm temperature, garnished with whipped cream.