Fresh Strawberry Pie
|9 inch graham cracker crust/Baked pie shell||1|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, washed, hulled|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Tablespoon|
|Whipped cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (for garnish)|
1) In a saucepan, add in 1 pint of strawberries. Using a fork or pastry blender crush the berries.
2) In a bowl, mix sugar, cornstarch and lemon juice. Add the mixture to the strawberries.
3) Cook the strawberries over medium flame. Stir the mixture till it becomes slightly thick.
4) Take the pan off the flame and let cool.
5) Take the other pint of strawberries. Slice them in halves. Add into the cooled strawberry mixture.
6) Take the Pie shell or Graham Cracker Crust and pour the strawberry filling into it.
7) Chill the pie till the filling firms up.
8) Garnish the Fresh Strawberry Pie with whipped cream.