Beef Pie Supreme
|Beef chuck||1 1⁄2 Pound, cut into 1 1/2 inch cubes|
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned tomato||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Teaspoon|
|Carrots||6 , peeled and cut into 1 inch slices, crosswise|
|Onions||12 Small, peeled|
|Potato||3 Cup (48 tbs), boiled and mashed|
|Cheese spread||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1 Tablespoon, melted|
|Butter||1 Teaspoon (for greasing)|
1. Pre heat an oven at 187.5 C (375 F).
2. Grease an oven proof casserole pot and keep aside.
3. Using an electric mixer, blend cheese spread with mashed potatoes till smooth. Keep aside.
4. Rub meat surface with pepper, salt and flour. Keep aside.
5. In a heavy bottomed pan, heat fat.
6. Once hot, brown beef uniformly for 15 to 20 minutes.
7. Add water, sauce, tomatoes, carrots and onions. Cover and simmer for 120 minutes, while stirring occasionally.
8. Transfer mixture on to greased casserole pot and top casserole rim with blended potato cheese mixture.
9. Dot with butter and bake in pre heated oven for 30 minutes or till done.
10. Once baked, remove from oven and keep aside to cool.
11. Serve warm.