|Fine cracker crumbs||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Milk||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|Fresh corn||2 Cup (32 tbs) (2 or 3 ears)|
|Onion||1⁄2 Teaspoon (optional)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Fine cracker crumbs||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), melted|
1. Preheat the oven to moderately hot, 400°F/ 400°c/ gas mark 6.
2. Prepare the pie crust by mixing the crumbs and melted butter and lining a 9 inch pie dish.
3. In a pan add 1 cup milk, butter, corn and salt, bring to boil, reduce heat and cook for 3 more minutes.
4. Make a smooth paste with the remaining 1/4 c milk and the flour.
5. Slowly add to the hot milk and corn mixture, stirring constantly.
6. Put it back on fire and cook for 2 to 3 minutes more or until thick.
7. Remove and let it cool down a little for 5 minutes.
8. Now add the onion salt and slowly stir in the eggs, stirring constantly.
9. In the crumb lines pan pour this mixture, sprinkle the crumbs on top and bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until the top is nicely browned.
10. Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
11. Cut into wedges and serve with a crisp salad, sun dried tomatoes or grilled vegetables. 12. It can be served hot or cold as an appetizer, as a main course or as a snack cut into bite sized peices.