Strawberry Pineapple Pie
|9 inch pie pastry||1|
|Frozen strawberries||10 Ounce (1 packet)|
|Frozen pineapple chunks||1 Can (10 oz)|
|Quick cooking tapioca||4 Tablespoon|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) Take the 9" pie pan with half the amount of pastry from a store-bought pie crust mix.
3) Defrost the strawberries and pineapples a little.
4) In a bowl, mix the tapioca, sugar and salt. Add in the defrosted fruits. Mix gently and let rest for 15 minutes.
5) Add the fruit mixture into the pastry-lined pan. Dot it with butter on top.
6) Take the remaining pastry and cover the top. Turn and flute the edges. Make a few gashes on the pastry with a sharp knife to let the steam escape.
7) Bake for about 50 minutes till the pie is baked through.
8) Take the leftover pastry and cut into small shapes of strawberry and pineapple.
9) Bake these fruit shaped pastry for about 10 minutes in a 325F oven. Do not let the pastry turn brown.
10) Garnish the Strawberry Pineapple Pie with the baked miniature fruit shapes.