Lime Chiffon Pie
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs), unsifted|
|Butter||6 Tablespoon (cold)|
|Ice water||5 Tablespoon|
|Gelatin envelope||1⁄4 Ounce (unflavored)|
|Cold water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (4 to 6 limes)|
|Lime rind||1 Tablespoon, grated|
|Green food color||2 Drop (optional)|
|Lime peel strip||3 (for garnish)|
1) Preheat the oven at 400 degrees.
2) For making the pie crust, take the flour, sugar and salt in a bowl.
3) Add ice water until the dough forms a ball.
4) Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and keep in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
5) Roll the dough into 11-inch circle and keep in a pie plate.
6) Line the bottom and sides of the crust with aluminum foil.
7) Bake the pie for 20 minutes at 400 degrees till the crust is golden brown.
8) Now make the lime filling; take a bowl and add gelatin in 1/4 cup of cold water. Keep it aside.
9) Mix the egg yolks, 1/2 cup sugar, lime juice, and 1/4 cup water in a saucepan.
10) Boil them on medium heat.
11) Now add the softened gelatin and also add lime rind and food coloring.
12) Place the lime mixture into a bowl and chill for 45 minutes.
13)Take a bowl and beat the egg whites. add the remaining 1/2 cup sugar and beat them.
14) Mix the 1 cup of beaten egg whites into the lime mixture. Add the remaining egg whites.
15) Add this mixture into the prepared pie crust. Keep in the refrigerator for 5 hours.
16) Serve pie.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2249 Calories from Fat 799
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 91 g139.4%
Saturated Fat 52.2 g260.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 933.9 mg311.3%
Sodium 839.5 mg35%
Total Carbohydrates 322 g107.3%
Dietary Fiber 8.4 g33.7%
Sugars 214.9 g
Protein 49 g98.4%
Vitamin A 63.4% Vitamin C 132.2%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 45.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet