Two Crust Pizza Pie
|Pastry dough||1 (for two-crust 9-inch pie)|
|Eggs||3 , slightly beaten|
|Pizza sauce/Spaghetti sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (homemade or store-bought)|
|Basil leaf||1 Teaspoon, crumbled|
|Ricotta cheese||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Provolone||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), coarsely shredded|
|Romano cheese/Parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
|Prosciutto||2 Ounce, thinly sliced and shredded|
|Mortadella||2 Ounce, thinly sliced and shredded|
1) Preheat the oven at 375 degrees for 3 minutes.
2) Take half of the pastry dough and roll out to fit into a 9 inch pie plate. The remaining pastry dough can be rolled to make a top crust.
3) Take the pizza or spaghetti sauce and basil in a bowl. Add half of the eggs. Keep aside 1 tablespoon of eggs for glazing the pie.
4) Take another bowl and put ricotta cheese along with the remaining eggs.
Add provolone, the Romano or parmesan cheese, prosciutto and mortadella.
5) Add the sauce mixture over the ricotta and marbelize with spatula.
6) Put the filling into pastry-lined pie plate. Spread the mixture evenly.
7) Cover the pie with top crust and brush the edges of the bottom crust with water in order to seal the edges firmly.
8) Brush the top crust with remaining reserved egg.
9) Bake the pie in an oven at 375 degrees for 50 minutes till the top crust becomes golden brown.
10) Serve the pie when it is completely cold at room temperature.