|Small red onion||1|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm) (large clove)|
|Sunflower oil||2 Cup (32 tbs) (for frying)|
|Chicken pieces||8 Ounce, stir fried|
|Sun dried tomato puree||1 Tablespoon|
|Hot chilli powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Red pepper||1 Small|
|Baby sweet corn||4 Ounce|
|Mild taco sauce||6 Tablespoon|
|Lime||1 , juiced|
|Iceberg lettuce leaves||2|
|Black pepper||To Taste, ground|
|Soured cream||2 Tablespoon (to serve)|
1. Chop the onion. Crush the garlic. Cut the chicken into ½-inch dice.
2. In a frying pan, heat 2 tablespoons of the oil, add the onion and fry for 2-3 minutes until lightly golden. Add the garlic, chicken, tomato puree and chilli powder, stirring to coat. Continue to cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Cut the pepper in half, remove the core and seeds and dice the flesh. Dice the courgette, add to the pan with the pepper and mix well. Slice the sweet corn and add to the pan. Stir-fry over a high heat for 3-4 minutes until the vegetables are completely tender and the chicken cooked through. Season well with salt and pepper.
4. Add vegetables into a bowl and stir in 4 tablespoons of the taco sauce. Leave to cool.
5. Cut the avocado in half, remove the stone and skin and dice the flesh. Place in a bowl. Put the tomatoes in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave for 30 seconds then plunge into cold water. Peel off the skins then dice the flesh, discarding the seeds. Add to the avocado. Finely chop the spring onions and add to the bowl with the remaining 2 tablespoons of the taco sauce and squeeze over the lime juice. Season and mix well together.
6. Preheat a frying pan. Heat each tortilla in the dry pan for 20 seconds. Remove from the pan. Place 2 tablespoons of the cooled mixture in the centre of each. Fold the bottom up, sides in and top down to form a neat parcel. Secure with cocktail sticks. Make 6 parcels.
7. In a frying pan, heat about 4 tablespoons of the oil, add the chimichangas, folded-side down, and fry for 5 minutes until golden, turning halfway through cooking. Drain on kitchen paper.
8. On serving plates, shred the lettuce and arrange with 2-3 of the chimichangas.
9. Serve with the avocado salsa, soured cream and remaining taco sauce.
Calories 2656 Calories from Fat 2159
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 244 g374.8%
Saturated Fat 35.3 g176.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87.2 mg29.1%
Sodium 1375.2 mg57.3%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.5%
Dietary Fiber 19.6 g78.5%
Sugars 16.9 g
Protein 42 g83.6%
Vitamin A 98.3% Vitamin C 212.2%
Calcium 20.3% Iron 33.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet