Cranberry Nut Pie
|Cranberries||2 Cup (32 tbs) (Fresh OR Frozen)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Heavy cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Chopped nuts||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vanilla ice cream shell||1 (frozen)|
1) Into the food chopper with a fine blade attachment, add in the cranberries. Using frozen cranberries makes the puree less juicy.
2) Add in sugar into the cranberry puree. Transfer to a bowl and let it rest overnight.
3) Whip the cream. Fold in the whipped cream into the mixture of cranberries and nuts.
4) Transfer the pie mixture into the vanilla ice cream shell.
5) Freeze the pie.
6) Serve the Cranberry Nut Pie frozen. Garnish with whipped cream, if desired.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 3159 Calories from Fat 1662
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 185 g285.2%
Saturated Fat 84.1 g420.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 328.8 mg109.6%
Sodium 1304.5 mg54.4%
Total Carbohydrates 364 g121.5%
Dietary Fiber 18.1 g72.2%
Sugars 211.5 g
Protein 28 g56%
Vitamin A 73.2% Vitamin C 51.2%
Calcium 30.2% Iron 16.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet