Apple Orange Pie
|Tart apples||1 Cup (16 tbs), sliced thin|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|9 inch pie pastry||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) In a saucepan, add in the apples, orange juice, sugar and brown sugar.
3) Add in just enough water to cover the apples.
4) Cook the apples over low flame till they become tender.
5) Take the apples out of the pan and cook the juices alone till the syrup becomes thick.
6) Add in cinnamon into the syrup.
7) Take a pie pan lined with pastry. Add in the apples and pour the syrup over it. Add a dot of butter on top of the pie.
8) Cover the pie with the leftover pastry. Flute the rim.
9) Bake for about 40 minutes.
10) Serve the Apple Orange Pie garnished with whipped cream.
Calories 217 Calories from Fat 45
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g7.9%
Saturated Fat 3 g14.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 11.5 mg3.8%
Sodium 18.6 mg0.8%
Total Carbohydrates 43 g14.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.83 g3.3%
Sugars 39 g
Protein 0.46 g0.91%
Vitamin A 3.4% Vitamin C 105.5%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 0.94%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet