Tawny Pumpkin Pie
|Cooked pumpkin||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs) (Or Canned)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 Small, slightly beaten|
|Evaporated milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Processed cheese slices||4 Ounce|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), sifted|
|Shortening||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Preheat oven to hot, 425°F, 220°c, gas mark 7.
2. For the pastry, add butter and flour together and rub until it is of sandy texture, add water with fork and mix until it forms into dough, roll out and line a 9 inches pie pan.
3. In a mixing bowl put pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices, flour and eggs and mix well.
4. To this mixture add evaporated milk, water and vanilla and mix again.
5. Pour into the lined pie pan and bake in preheated oven for 45 to 50 minutes, ot until a knife inserted near centre comes out clean.
6. Decorate, if desired, with cheese acorns and leaves.
7. Remove and let it rest for 10 minutes.
8. Serve hot with whipped cream.
For decoration, cut oak leaves from processed cheese slices with cutter (or make cardboard pattern and cut out cheese leaves with the point of a small knife).
Draw "veins" in leaf with knife tip.
For acorn caps, cut rounds of cheese 1 inch across; dust with nutmeg.
For acorns, form 1 teaspoon of soft cheese into ball (or shape with melon ball scoop).
Toothpick caps to acorns. Stick a whole clove in top for stem.
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 186
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.2%
Saturated Fat 8.6 g43%
Trans Fat 1.7 g
Cholesterol 62.7 mg20.9%
Sodium 641.3 mg26.7%
Total Carbohydrates 45 g15%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.3%
Sugars 23 g
Protein 9 g18%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 18.8% Iron 8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet