Chocolate Coconut Crust For Frozen Pies
|Unsweetened chocolate square||2 Ounce, cut small (2 Squares)|
|Confectioners sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), sifted|
|Shredded coconut/Flaked coconut||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1) Take a sheet of aluminium foil and press it over the bottom and sides of a 9-inch pie plate. Let about 1-inch of foil hang outside the plate.
2) Using the Stir blade, pulse the chocolate squares in the blende till they are finely grated.
3) In a saucepan, add in milk and butter or margarine. Allow it to scald.
4) Pour the mixture over the grated chocolate.
5) Blend on LOW speed till the chocolate has melted completely, in about 5 seconds.
6) Add in sugar. Continue to blend on LOW till the sugar has dissolved.
7) Use a rubber spatula to free the chocolate mixture under the blade.
8) Add in 1/2 cup of coconut next. Process on LOW for a few seconds.
9) Transfer the mixture into a bowl. Add in the remaining coconut and stir well.
10) Pour the mixture into the pie plate. Press it into the bottom and sides of the pie plate. Allow the pie to freeze.
11) Once firm enough to handle, loosen the edges to lift the pie off the plate.
12) Peel of the foil and slide it onto a buttered pie plate.
13) Freeze the pie plate.
14) To serve, spoon your favorite filling into the chocolate coconut crust.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1182 Calories from Fat 807
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 95 g146.4%
Saturated Fat 69.9 g349.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 67.5 mg22.5%
Sodium 52.9 mg2.2%
Total Carbohydrates 97 g32.3%
Dietary Fiber 20.2 g80.9%
Sugars 67.6 g
Protein 13 g25.1%
Vitamin A 15.6% Vitamin C 6.6%
Calcium 11.5% Iron 71.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet