Peachy Rhubarb Raisin Pie
|Frozen unsweetened chopped rhubarb||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Frozen unsweetened sliced peaches||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), soaked and plumped|
|Honey||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Quick-cooking tapioca||1 Tablespoon|
|For mini piecrust|
|Whole wheat pastry flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Unbleached white flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Iced water||2 Tablespoon|
1. To make the pie crust pastry, in a small bowl, combine whole wheat pastry flour and unbleached white flour with a fork.
2. Sprinkle oil on top and work in with a fork.
3. Add ice water a teaspoon at a time, blending after each addition, just until mixture holds together.
4. Press into a flat round and wrap in plastic wrap.
5. Chill the dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 400°F
7. Unwrap the dough, dust it lightly with flour and place between two sheets of waxed paper.
8. Roll out lightly into a circle.
9. Remove both pieces of waxed paper carefully and lightly dust 1 side of the crust with flour.
10. Carefully line a 9-inch pie plate with dough, placing flour side down. Dough should come almost to top of pie plate.
11. Prick bottom and sides with a fork and bake on bottom shelf of preheated oven for about 10 minutes or until lightly browned and dry.
12. In the meantime, in a medium-size bowl, toss together rhubarb, peaches, raisins, honey and tapioca and set it aside for 15 minutes.
13. When the pie crust is baked, let it cool slightly then turn filling into the pie shell and spread evenly.
14. Cover the pie plate with foil and make a small hole in the center to allow steam to escape.
15. Bake the pie on bottom shelf of oven for about 55 to 60 minutes.
16. Remove from oven and let the pie rest for 5 minutes.
17. Slice into wedges and serve the Peachy Rhubarb Raisin Pie warm or chill before serving if you like.
Calories 207 Calories from Fat 46
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 5 g8%
Saturated Fat 0.68 g3.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 3 mg0.1%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.7%
Sugars 25.6 g
Protein 2 g4.4%
Vitamin A 1.3% Vitamin C 5.2%
Calcium 12.4% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet