Classic Pumpkin Pie with Pecan and Maple Cream
|Pumpkin||20 Ounce, peeled and cut into chunks (500 Grams / 1 Pound And 4 Ounce)|
|Shortcrust pastry||500 Gram (1 Pack)|
|Light muscovado sugar||6 Ounce (175 Grams)|
|Double cream||142 Milliliter (1 Pot)|
|Ground ginger||1 Teaspoon|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash (A Small Grating)|
|For pecan and maple cream|
|Double cream||142 Milliliter (1 Tub)|
|Maple syrup||5 Tablespoon|
|Pecans||1 Ounce, finely chopped (25 Grams)|
1) In a large microwaveable bowl, place the pumpkin pieces, cover and cook on High (850W) for 15 minutes or until soft.
2) Transfer into a colander to drain, then allow to cool.
3) On a lightly floured surface, roll out pastry to line a 25cm tart tin.
4) Gently lift and fit the pastry into the pie tin, cutting the extra at the edges. Then refrigerate the pastry for 30 minutes.
5) Preheat the oven to 200°C/fan 180°C/gas mark 6.
6) Remove the pie shell from the refrigerator and line the shell with foil and uncooked beans.
7) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 to 20 minutes.
8) Remove the foil and beans, then cook for another 10 minutes, until the pastry is golden.
9) Then lower the oven temperature to 160°C/fan 140°C/gas mark3.
10) In a food processor, process the pumpkin, sugar, eggs, cream and spices until smooth.
11) Pour into the baked pastry case and bake for 1 hour until the filling is bubbly and lightly browned.
12) Remove the pie from oven, unmould and allow to cool on a wire rack.
13) In a bowl, whip the cream and maple syrup with an electric beater until thickened.
14) Then gently fold the chopped pecans into the cream.
15) Slice the Classic Pumpkin Pie with Pecan and Maple Cream into wedges and serve with maple cream on the side.