Apricot Pineapple Buttermilk Pie
|Buttermilk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Orange slice||1⁄4 Inch, quartered (Unpeeled)|
|Pineapple preserves||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs) (Thick)|
|Lemon extract/Vanilla extract||1 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1 (With High Rim)|
|Apricot halves||1 Pound, peeled|
1) Preheat the oven to 400F.
2) Into the blender, add in the buttermilk and unpeeled orange quarters. Using the Puree blade, finely chop the orange rind in about 5 seconds.
3) Next, into the blender add in the eggs, pineapple preserves, lemon or vanilla extract, sugar, flour, and salt. Use the Stir blade to blend the ingredients in about 4 seconds.
4) Transfer the mixture into a saucepan. Cook it slowly over low flame while stirring constantly. The mixture must eventually thicken.
5) Bake the pastry shell, meanwhile, for about 5 minutes.
6) Turn down the oven temperature to 350F.
7) Transfer the buttermilk mixture into the baked crust. Bake again for about 45 minutes.
8) To check if the pie is done, insert a knife into the centre of the pie. It must come out clean.
9) Let the pie cool down.
10) Drain the apricots well. Reserve the syrup.
11) Mix the syrup and water to get 1 cup of liquid. Take 1/4 cup of the liquid and stir in the cornstarch. Mix with the rest of the liquid.
12) Transfer the syrup to a saucepan and cook over low flame. The sauce must become thick and clear.
13) Add in the apricot preserves.
14) Arrange teh dried apricots on the pie, their hollow side facing down.
15) Drizzle the apricot sauce over the pie.
16) Chill and serve.