Strawberry Cheese Pie
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Vanilla||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Cream cheese||3 Ounce, cubed (Room-Temperature, 1 Packet)|
|Flour||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|9 inch graham cracker crumb crust||1|
|Strawberries||2 Pint, cleaned|
1) Preheat the oven to 350F. Halve 1/3 of the strawberries and keep aside.
2) Into the blender, add in the milk, eggs, vanilla, cream cheese, flour, salt and 1/4 cup sugar.
3) Using the Puree blade, blend for about 40 seconds. With a rubber spatula, push the ingredients around the blade if needed.
4) Transfer the mixture into the graham cracker crumb crust.
5) Bake for about 20 minutes till the filling has set well.
6) Let the crust chill.
7) To prepare the glaze for the pie, into the blender add in the water, halved berries, remaining sugar and cornstarch.
8) Using the Stir blade, blend to get a smooth paste in about 5 seconds.
9) Transfer the mixture into a saucepan. Cook over low flame while stirring constantly till the sauce becomes clear.
10) Stick the whole berries into the pie, their stems facing down.
11) Pour the warm glaze over the berries.
12) Serve chilled.
Calories 419 Calories from Fat 124
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.5%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 87 mg29%
Sodium 228.8 mg9.5%
Total Carbohydrates 68 g22.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.1%
Sugars 50.4 g
Protein 6 g11.6%
Vitamin A 5.8% Vitamin C 156.8%
Calcium 6% Iron 11.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet