Strawberry Sunshine Pie
|Plain pastry||1 (For 1 Crust Of 9 Inch)|
|Lemon sherbet||1 Pint, softened|
|Cream of tartar||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh strawberries||1 Quart, sliced|
1) Preheat the oven to 450°F.
2) Line a 9-inch pie plate with the plain pastry, trim 1/2 to 1 inch beyond edge, then fold and flute the edge.
3) Bake in the preheated oven for 10 to 12 minutes, or until golden; allow to cool.
4) Spread sherbet at the bottom of pastry shell and freeze for 4 to 5 hours or overnight, until firm.
5) In a bowl, beat the egg whites, vanilla and cream of tartar until soft peaks form.
6) Gradually beat in 6 tablespoons sugar until stiff and glossy peaks form.
7) In another bowl, combine the strawberries with 1 tablespoon sugar.
and arrange over the lemon sherbet.
8) Spread the meringue over strawberries upto the edge of pastry.
9) Place the pie on a cutting board and bake at 475° for 5 or 6 minutes or until the meringue is golden.
10) Slice the Strawberry Sunshine Pie into wedges and serve immediately.