Pumpkin Pie Using Evaporated Milk
|Undiluted evaporated milk||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned pumpkin||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cinnamon||1 1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground cloves||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground allspice||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground nutmeg||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|9 inch unbaked pastry shell||1|
1) Preheat the oven to 425F.
2) Into the blender, add in the evaporated milk, eggs, pumpkin, sugar, salt, cinnamon, cloves, allspice, nutmeg and ginger.
3) Using the Mix blade, blend for 20 seconds. Stir the contents around with a rubber spatula.
4) Blend for another 30 seconds to get a smooth mixture.
5) Transfer the mixture into the pie shell.
6) Bake the pie for about 15 minutes.
7) Turn down the oven temperature to 350F. Bake for about 40 minutes. To check if the pie is baked through, insert a knife into the centre. It must come out clean. Let cool.
8) Serve the Pumpkin Pie at room temperature. If desired, top it with whipped cream.