Easy Fish Pie
|Cod fillets||400 Gram|
|Salt and pepper||To Taste, divided|
|Small waxy potatoes||4|
|Butter||50 Gram, divided in half|
|Leek||1 , sliced|
|Frozen peas||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Dijon mustard||2 Teaspoon|
|Parsley||2 Tablespoon, sliced|
|Olive oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Asparagus spears||100 Gram (ends removed)|
|Aubergine||200 Gram, sliced|
|Salad leaves||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Optional)|
1. In a saucepan, pour in the milk and heat through. Drop in the cod fillets and season with salt and pepper and let it cook for 5 minutes.
2. Take out the fish and set aside in a plate. Reserve the milk.
3. When fish is cool then flake the fish.
4. In another saucepan, boil water and add in the potatoes. Let it cook for 10 minutes.
5. Drain the potatoes and let it cool for a few minutes. After that grate the potatoes.
6. In a medium saucepan, heat half of the butter and add in the leeks and peas. Stir for 3 minutes.
7. After 3 minutes add in the Dijon mustard and flour. Cook for a few minutes.
8. Turn off the heat and pour the reserved milk in small batches and stir through. When all the milk is consumed then turn on the stove and bring to a simmer. After that add in the parsley and stir well on low heat. Turn off the stove.
9. Add in the fish to the white sauce and mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
10. Pour the sauce into a casserole dish and set aside.
11. In a bowl, mix together butter, potatoes and Parmesan.
12. Top the fish sauce with potato mixture. Grill in the oven for 5 – 10 minutes.
13. For Salad – in a griddle pan, heat the olive oil and place the aubergine and asparagus. Cook until done.
14. Serve Fish Pie with grilled aubergine, asparagus and salad leaves.
Calories 519 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g36%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.4 mg33.1%
Sodium 659.3 mg27.5%
Total Carbohydrates 44 g14.8%
Dietary Fiber 6.5 g25.8%
Sugars 12 g
Protein 36 g71.8%
Vitamin A 47.3% Vitamin C 74.3%
Calcium 51.9% Iron 19.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet