1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 4/ 350 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, boil water and add in the chicken, salt, pepper and vegetable stock cube. Cook for 26 minutes.
3. Take out the chicken from the stock and let stock cool. Meanwhile shred the chicken with fork.
4. Place the chicken into a baking dish and pour in 10 ounce of leftover stock. Add in the mixed vegetables and stir well.
5. In a bowl, mix together melted butter, self – raising flour and milk. Whisk well and pour over the chicken mixture.
6. Bake in oven for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve chicken pot pie with green salad.