Barry & Phoebe carve a pumpkin then make a pie!
1. Preheat the oven to gas mark 6/ 400 degrees F.
2. In a saucepan, add in the pumpkin flesh and fill half with water. Bring to a boil and cover the pan with lid. Let it simmer for 30 minutes on low heat.
3. Drain the pumpkin and mash with potato masher. Drain again if some water is left.
4. In a large bowl, mix together evaporated milk, eggs, brown sugar, pumpkin, cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger.
5. Roll the pastry sheet and place into the pie pan. Shove off extra sheet and pour in the batter.
6. Bake in oven for 40 minutes at 400 degrees F.
7. Slice the pumpkin pie and serve with your favorite ice cream.