Vegan Shepherd's Pie with Soy Tempeh
|Extra virgin olive oil||6 Tablespoon, divided (Wegmans Organic (Nature's Marketplace))|
|Button mushrooms||1 Pound, lightly rinsed and sliced ((about 6 cups), white colored)|
|Salt||1 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (to taste)|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped (medium sweet)|
|Garlic clove||6 Medium, finely chopped (Food You Feel Good About)|
|Leek||1 Medium, rinsed well, finely chopped|
|Tempeh||16 Ounce (2 (8 oz each) package (Nature's Marketplace), Lightlife)|
|Thyme||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (fresh or dried)|
|Potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), boiled and mashed|
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. In large frying pan heat 2 Tbsp olive oil on MEDIUM-HIGH.
3. Add mushrooms and saute 10-15 min, until lightly browned and fragrant and mushrooms are mostly dry.
4. Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
6. Reduce temperature to MEDIUM.
7. To the pan add 2 Tbsp olive oil, onions, garlic and leek.
8. Saute, stirring occasionally 5-8 min, until onions start to brown and veggies are soft.
9. Crumble tempeh into separate bowl.
10. When onions are ready, add remaining 2 Tbsp olive oil to cooking veggie mixture in the pan and add tempeh.
11. Reduce heat to MEDIUM-LOW and saute, stirring frequently, 15-20 min until tempeh starts to get nicely brown.
12. Add thyme and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
13. Add 2 Tbsp of water to deglaze.
14. Stir mushrooms into onion-tempeh mixture.
15. Pour into casserole, smooth mixture and set aside.
16. Spread Rutabaga Mashed Potatoes over tempeh mixture in your casserole dish and drizzle with olive oil.
17. Bake about 40-45 min until piping hot.
18. Remove from the oven let set 15 min and then serve.