Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cooked pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Maple flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fluted 9 inch pie shell||1 , unbaked (With High Fluted Rim)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, spices, salt, flavorings and milk. Beat well to mix thoroughly.
3) Into the pie crust, pour the mixture.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes, till the filling is set.
6) Transfer the pie to the rack and let it cool.
7) Put the pie on a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature or chill for some time before serving. If preferred, garnish the dessert with whipped cream.
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1548 Calories from Fat 403
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g69.8%
Saturated Fat 23 g115.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 534.4 mg178.1%
Sodium 2374.7 mg98.9%
Total Carbohydrates 249 g83.1%
Dietary Fiber 16.5 g66%
Sugars 192.9 g
Protein 45 g89.7%
Vitamin A 27.2% Vitamin C 12.4%
Calcium 107.2% Iron 20%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet