Thanksgiving Pumpkin Pie
|Eggs||2 , lightly beaten|
|Cooked pumpkin puree||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Maple flavoring||1 Teaspoon|
|Evaporated milk||13 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Fluted 9 inch pie shell||1 , unbaked (With High Fluted Rim)|
1) Preheat oven to temperature of 425 degrees.
2) In a large mixing bowl, combine together the pumpkin, eggs, sugar, spices, salt, flavorings and milk. Beat well to mix thoroughly.
3) Into the pie crust, pour the mixture.
4) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes.
5) Reduce the temperature of the oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 45 minutes, till the filling is set.
6) Transfer the pie to the rack and let it cool.
7) Put the pie on a decorative serving plate and serve at room temperature or chill for some time before serving. If preferred, garnish the dessert with whipped cream.