Coffee Rum Pie
|Crisco pastry shell||1 (8 Inch In Size)|
|Vanilla whipped dessert mix||3 1⁄2 Ounce (4 Serving Size Pack)|
|Instant coffee||2 Teaspoon|
|Cold milk||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Light rum/1/2 teaspoon rum extract||3 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
1. Bake pastry in oven as advised in package instructions; let cool completely.
2. In a small mixer bowl, mix together coffee and dry dessert mix.
3. Add milk; using a electric mixer, beat at high speed for 1 minute.
4. Stir in water and rum and then beat at high speed for another 2 minutes until mixture is fluffy.
5. In a separate bowl, whip cream and add to the fluffy mixture; fold carefully to blend.
6. Into the baked and cooled pastry shell, pile filling and refrigerate for 3 to 4 hours until chill.
7. Slice pie into wedges and top each serving with more whipped cream.
8. Garnish with shaved chocolate, if desired.