Classic Deep Dish Apple Pie
Sugar- 2/3 cup
Flour- 1 tablespoon
Butter or Margarine- 1 tablespoon
Cinnamon- to taste
Nutmeg- to taste
Lemon Juice- to taste
Salt- 1 pinch
Pastry Crust- 2- 9 inches
1) Preheat the oven to 425°F.
2) Line the large pie pan with 1 pastry crust.
3) In a bowl, place the apples, with splices and dredged with lemon juice.
4) Add sugar and flour to the apples and mix well.
5) Put the apple mixture in the base of pastry crust.
6) Mark the top with butter.
7) Place the remaining pastry crust to cover the filling.
8) Press and flute the dough to seal the edges.
9) Using knife make 3 small slits on the top crusts.
10) Bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
11) Reduce the temperature to 350° and bake for 30 minutes more.
12) Serve warm with a wedge of cheddar cheese if desired.