Beef Pie & Buttermilk Biscuits
Baking powder - 1 1/2 teaspoons
Salt - 1/2 teaspoon
Baking soda - 1/4 teaspoon
Crisco - 1/4 cup
Buttermilk - 1/2 cup
Hearty Beef Stew - 1/2 recipe
1. Preheat the oven to 425°
2. In a large bowl, sift the dry ingredients together till all of the dry ingredients are sifted together.
3. Cut in the Crisco into the flour so that the flour resembles dry breadcrumbs.
4. Add the buttermilk to the bowl till the dough comes together.
5. Transfer the dough to a lightly floured surface and knead well about 8-10 folds should make the dough ready.
6. Roll the dough to ½ inch thickness and cut the dough with a floured cutter.
7. Heat the beef stew till bubbly and pour it into a 2-quart casserole or oven-proof skillet. Place the biscuits on top of the beef stew. Bake for 12-15 minutes till done
8. Serve hot