Topsy Turvy Apple Pie
Pecan halves - 1/2 cup
Brown sugar - 1/2 cup
Plain Pastry - for 2-crust 9-inch pie
Tart apples - 5 large, peeled, cored and sliced (about 6 cups)
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Sugar - 1/2 cup
All purpose flour - 1 tablespoon
Ground cinnamon - 1/2 teaspoon
Ground nutmeg - 1/2 teaspoon
Salt - dash
1) Preheat the oven to 400° F.
2) In a 9-inch pie plate, evenly spread butter on the bottom and sides.
3) Press pecan halves with the rounded side down into the butter, then
evenly pat over the brown sugar.
4) Roll out the pastry for the bottom crust and place over the sugar in the pie plate.
5) In a large bowl, sprinkle lemon juice over the apple slices.
6) In another bowl, combine flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt together and toss with the apples.
7) Turn and spread the apple mixture evenly into the pie plate.
8) Roll out rest of the pastry, place over the apples, seal and prick top of the pie with fork.
9) Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
10) Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes.
11) Gently invert the Topsy Turvy Apple Pie on a serving plate and serve warm or cool.