Banana Split Pie
Bananas - 3 medium
Lemon juice - 1 tablespoon
Strawberry ice cream - 1 pint, softened
Frozen whipped dessert topping - 1 cup, thawed
Whole maraschino cherries - as needed
Walnuts - 2 tablespoons, finely chopped
CHOCOLATE SAUCE OR QUICK FUDGE SAUCE
Semi-sweet chocolate chips - 1 package (6 ounces or 1 cup)
Evaporated milk - 1 can (5 1/3 ounces or 2/3 cup)
Marshmallow crÃ¨me - 1/2 pint
1. Following directions on the package, bake pastry shell and cool it completely.
2. Slice banana thinly and toss with lemon juice.
3. Into the cooled pastry shell, line bottom with banana slices.
4. Spread softened ice-cream on top of banana slices.
5. Freeze pie until firm.
6. Spread thawed dessert topping over the ice-cream.
7. Decorate with cherries and sprinkle nuts.
8. Again, freeze pie until firm.
9. In a saucepan, mix together all fudge sauce ingredients except marshmallow crÃ¨me; stir and cook over very low heat until ingredients are well combined.
10. Beat in marshmallow crÃ¨me until well combined.
11. Slice and plate Banana Split Pie, drizzle warm or cool chocolate fudge sauce over the pie.
12. Serve immediately.