Potatoes -1 1/2 lb [750 g], thinly sliced
Minced beef -1 1/2 lb [750 g]
Butter -2 oz [50 g]
Garlic -1 clove, chopped
Medium onions -2, chopped
Tomatoes -8 oz [250 g], chopped
Parsley -3 teaspoons [3X5 ml spoons], chopped
A pinch of thyme
Cheese sauce -1/2 pint [250 ml]
Salt and pepper
1) Grease a pie dish.
2) In a pan, heat little butter and add the meat and fry. Place the meat on a plate.
3) In the pan, add the remaining butter and add garlic and onion and gently fry for 5 minutes.
4) Mix in the tomatoes, parsley, thyme and seasoning and continue cooking till the mix is soft.
5) Add the meat back into the pan and mix well.
6) In the pie dish, arrange overlapping slices of raw potato on the base.
7) Alternatively place layers of meat and potato and finish with the potato.
8) Add the sauce and place in oven at 375°F (190°), Gas Mark 5, for 1 hour.