Strawberry Glaze Pie
|9 inch crisco pastry shell||1|
|Strawberries||6 Cup (96 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Red food coloring||1 Drop|
1) Bake the pastry as directed and let it cool.
2) Rinse the berries and remove the hulls.
3) Crush about 1 cup of the smaller berries and cook them in water for about 2 minutes.
4) Drain the berries well and sieve them. Reserve the juice.
5) If required, add some water to make 1 ¼ cups of the juice.
6) Throw away the cooked berries.
7) Combine together the cornstarch and sugar in a saucepan. Add the berry juice and stir well.
8) Cook and stir over moderate heat till the mixture is thick and clear.
9) Add about 5 drop of red food coloring and stir well.
10) On the bottom and up the sides of the baked and cooled pastry shell, spread some amount of the glaze mixture.
11) Arrange half of the whole berries in the shell, keeping the stem ends down.
12) Spoon half of the remaining glaze over the berries very carefully. Ensure that each berry is coated.
13) Arrange the remaining berries in the same fashion, over the glaze, and top with the remaining glaze.
14) Chill the preparation for a minimum of 4 hours, till set.
15) Transfer the pie to a serving plate, garnish with whipped cream, cut into wedges and serve as a dessert while still chilled.