Party Pumpkin Pie
|9 inch crisco pastry shell||1|
|Vanilla ice cream||1 Pint, softened|
|Chopped candied ginger||1 Tablespoon|
|Canned pumpkin||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Ground ginger||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Whipping cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tiny marshmallows||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
1. Following directions on the package, bake pastry shell and cool it completely.
2. In a medium bowl, mix ice cream and candied ginger.
3. Into the cooled pastry shell, fill ice-cream mixture and spread it evenly.
4. Using a foil, wrap the pie and seal edges by folding under the edge.
5. Freeze pie.
6. In a medium bowl, blend pumpkin with sugar, salt, ground ginger, and nutmeg.
7. In a separate bowl, whip the cream and add it to the pumpkin mixture; mix with folding movements.
8. Stir in marshmallows.
9. Over the frozen pie, spread whipped cream and pumpkin mixture.
10. Freeze pie until all layers are frozen and firm.
11. Top pie with more whipped cream, if desired.
12. Slice and serve chilled Party Pumpkin Pie.