|Ricotta cheese||1 Pound|
|Peanut butter||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Onion||1 , medium chopped|
|Chilies||2 , seeded and chopped|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, grated|
1. Preheat over to 350°F.
2. Separate the eggs from yolks and whites.
3. In a frying pan, over medium heat cook bacon; keep 1 to 2 teaspoons drippings and drain off the rest.
4. Add onions and chilies to frying pan, cook for about 6 minutes or until soft.
5. Add salsa and remove from heat.
6. Beat the egg yolks into ricotta cheese.
7. In a large mixing bowl, combine the ricotta cheese with peanut butter.
8. Add the onion- chili mixture with ricotta and 3 tablespoons cheese.
9. Beat whites until stiff but not dry; gently fold in egg whites with the cheese mixture.
10. Grease 9-inch pie pan with piece of bacon.
11. Arrange un-drained bacon strips from the center of the pie pan; to ensure each serving gets a piece of bacon.
12. Spoon into pie pan, sprinkle cheese over top.
13. Bake at 350°F oven for 40 minutes until puffed and golden brown.
14. Remove from oven and let it stand for about 10 minutes before cutting; cooling the pie makes the cutting much more neat.
Use a fork to prick the bottom of the piecrust to ensure air passes during cooking. This will make the filling firm and give a better taste to the dish.