|Crawfish tails/Shrimp||3 Pound|
|Flour||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Oleo stick||2 (Oil + Margarine)|
|Onion||1 , chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), chopped|
|Parsley||1 Bunch (100 gm), chopped|
|Chopped celery||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Bell pepper||1 , chopped|
|Tomato sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Flaky french pastry||1|
|Green onions||2 Bunch (200 gm), chopped, keep tops separate|
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) In a saucepan, melt oleo, and stir in the flour until browned.
3) Put in garlic, onions, white part of green onions, bell peppers, celery and tomato sauce.
4) Put the lid on and simmer for 1 hour stirring frequently.
5) Pour in the water and simmer for 2 hours more.
6) If needed, add more water to make creamy and thick mixture.
7) Mix in the crawfish.
8) Cook over low heat for 15 minutes more until crawfish are tender.
9) Add onion tops and parsley.
10) Spoon the crawfish mixture into bottom pastry shell.
11) Cover with a top crust and make slits using a knife.
12) Bake in the oven for 15 minutes,
13) Reduce the heat to 300°F for 12 to 15 minutes until golden brown on top.
14) Remove from the oven and allow to cool on a wire rack.
15) Serve warm with a small mixed salad.